Glass nail files
The glass nail file is an ideal tool for essential nail care, whether they are natural or synthetic nails. A chemical process using acid etching creates abrasive surfaces. Thanks to a special modification of this technology, is reached equally fine-grained and coarse surfaces. In combination with the characteristics of the raw materials it provides outstanding features almost impossible to recreate in other types of nail files.
We pay the highest attention to the quality and precision of the manufacturing process. A major part of production is hand made in traditional ways and thanks to that we are able to run continuous quality control throughout the whole production process. Final quality controls guarantee the highest standard of quality for our products. We offer products, which share the finest of glazier and handcrafted from a country, which prides itself on centuries of experience in traditional glass manufacturing.
- Function – the lifespan of the grinding surface is practically unlimited, because the roughness is created directly in the base material and it is impossible to find release and fall of grinding grains. This phenomenon occurs when individual grains of abrasive material are fixed to the surface of paper or metal. This is excluded in the case of glass files, as stability and function without the loss of grinding ability is ensured.
- Gentleness – With other types of files (especially metallic) people often experience nail brittleness and peeling as a result of their use. Regular use of glass files effectively prevents this unpleasant phenomenon unlike any other nail files and can dramatically improve the condition of users’ nails.
- Hygiene – The materials used for this kind of file is ideal for maintaining nail hygiene. It is not porous like e.g. paper files, this prevents absorption of moisture, bacterial growth and mildew. It is possible to disinfect the file in the usual manner. Boiling or sterilization in autoclaves is very important for professional use to avoid transmission of infection among customers.
- Safety – Should the file break (i.e. due to an exaggerated bending or impact), the edges of the file are almost always blunt, diminishing the possibility of an injury. However files damaged in any way should be set aside to avoid potential injury.
- Firmness – The firmness of the material is achieved by hardening of glass-forming components via ion exchange. It ensures that the file does not crack by standard use (even non-hardened glass endures normal agents affecting the file during nail treatment). The file can withstand being dropped onto common floor surfaces (carpet, linoleum…etc.). When dropped onto a hard surface (concrete, stone or ceramic pavement), there is potential for damage to occur.
- Lifetime – When used normally (nail treatment), the lifetime of the file is limitless thanks to the innate qualities of materials used.
- Versatility – Apart from the treatment of nails, it is possible to use the files to remove hardened skin around the nail and heel area. The best way is to first soften the skin by immersion in water and remove hardened skin with a proper tool, then finish with a glass file (the 195mm should be used for this purpose). It is also possible to use the file for the care of your pet’s claws. Another use is a gentle grinding tool on the edges of wooden or plastic material, ideal for model building hobbyists. Glass files are not intended for materials harder than glass (metals etc.).
We supply glass nail files in sizes 90mm, 115mm, 135mm, 140mm, 155mm and 195mm in glass thickness of 2mm or 3mm. Files can be pointed or curved (we also supply 90 mm curved files intended for children).
The files can be decorated by spraying one or more special colors on the glass, which are resistant to scratches, but also to damage by high temperatures – up to 150 degrees Celsius. The clear files can even be repeatedly washed in the dishwasher. The customer can choose from a variety of color shades from our catalog or specify a color shade based on the Pantone scala.
During sandblasting, a permanent plastic motif is created on the surface of the file. Many different patterns can be created with this technique, such as zodiac signs, floral motifs, animal motifs, initials and inscriptions or company logos. Sandblasting can be combined with spraying one or more colors.
It is a traditional glass decoration technique. It is possible to order painted files with your motif or choose from an existing library of motifs. Hand painting can also be combined with printing or crystal decoration.
It is possible to choose from our sampler of designs or supplement your logo with 1, 2 or more crystals in colors that you choose yourself.
The raw material for the glass files is flat glass, so called float. Using acid etching during the production the glass becomes coarse. The coarseness is made directly in the structure of the raw material and it eliminates falling out of abrasive grains, which could happen to other types of nail files. The quality of the abrasive surface ensures outstanding grinding ability even on relatively delicate surfaces. The typical shape of the nail file is reached by traditional hand grinding. The final operation is hardened by a method of ion exchange which ensures greater strength and prolongs the files lifetime. After this final step, the majority of files are decorated in one of our many styles.